Lutron Tamper Resistant, Self-Testing
- Continuous self-test functionality – disconnects power to
receptacle if critical components are damaged and GFCI
protection is lost – providing “continuous self-testing”
that initiates within 2.5 seconds and is a continuous
cycle every 30 seconds or less.
- Three provisions for providing protection:
- Continuous electronic sensing, testing and evaluation
utilizing diagnostic software located on the printed
- Traditional testing mode by manually operating the
“test and reset” buttons utilizing a supervisory circuit as
specified in UL® 943 section 5.15.
- Auto-sensing mode for immediate interruption for a
ground fault condition for Class A protection
(4 – 6 mA).
- Manual Test – this design incorporates a full system test
function. The GFCI, when manually tested, induces a
simulated ground fault leakage current to the printed
circuit board. This in turn causes the mechanical system
to react based on the action of the solenoid. The entire
mechanical and electronic GFCI system is reviewed for
- Reverse wire safety feature – if wired incorrectly there will
be no power to the face or to downstream receptacles
for added safety.
- Clear visual indication of GFCI status —
LED indicating lights:
- Green LED (power to the device)
- Red LED (trip condition/ground fault condition)
- Flashing Red LED (end of life)
- Permanently installed internal tamper-resistant shutter
mechanism capable of resisting insertion of foreign
elements into the device.
- Internal back wiring clamp and guide pocket — quick
and dependable termination.
- Receptacle face compatible with NEMA designer and
NovaT* designer-opening wallplates.
- Compliant with NEC® 406.12 and NEC® 517-18(c).