- Coming Soon
- On Sale
- Shop By Brand
- Cellular Signal
- CI Tools
- Connectivity Boxes
- Digital Signage
- Installation parts & Accessories
- Lighting/Shade Control
- Media Distribution
- Outdoor Displays
- Power & Protection
- Projection Screens
- Rack Products
- Shading Solutions
- Security & Surveillance
- System Management
- Video Wall/Multi-Viewer
- Wire & Cable
- Cellular Signal Booster
- CI Tools
- Commercial Audio
- Connected Home
- Connectivity Boxes
- Speakers, Systems & Accessories
- Installation Parts & Accessories
- IR Products
- Lighting Control
- Media Distribution
- Mounts, Racks & Cans
- Multi-Room Audio
- Outdoor Video
- Projection Screens
- Power Products
- Shading Solutions
- Universal Remote Controls
- Wire & Cable
Please note that our shipping policy with respect to indoor TVs has been improved and updated.
- Indoor TV's up to and including 65" will be prepaid at $500 with the order shipped via standard courier ground
- Indoor TV's greater than 65" will be prepaid at $2,000 with the order shipped via freight ground
All other product will continue to follow our existing shipping policy.
SONY - BRAVIA XBR X850D SERIES 85' LED TV - SMART TV - 4K UHD (2160P)
A treat for the eyes
There's 4K, and there's Sony 4K HDR. Go way beyond what you've seen before and experience truly remarkable clarity, colour, contrast and more.
For the ultimate in picture quality, this TV pairs the brilliance of 4K clarity with the brightness, colour and detail of High Dynamic Range (HDR)2. Previously hidden areas of dark shadow and sunlight are now full of clarity and detail.
Our advanced image processing engine performs thousands of adjustments every second to dynamically enhance resolution, colour and brightness, taking every scene to the vividness of 4K and beyond.
Images are sharpened and refined in real time, using advanced noise reduction, detail enhancement and upscaling technology to achieve remarkable clarity
Colours are as rich and vivid as nature's own thanks to the TRILUMINOS Display and advanced colour processing technology.
Experience more life, more texture and more energy in every scene with brighter highlights, deeper blacks, and more natural tonal gradation.
Your Sony TV is beautifully designed-so we've made sure its stunning contours aren't compromised by cables or clutter. Clever cable management keeps wires hidden as much as possible.
Find all the entertainment you can dream of, faster than ever. From movies and TV shows to thousands of apps, Sony Android TVTM brings you everything in an instant.5 / 6
Discover games and photos, music and movies, Internet and apps. With an Android TVTM from Sony, you're ready to open up whole new worlds of entertainment
5 - Simulated UI. App availability varies by region and device.
Netflix have created an easy way for you to identify TVs with better performance, easier app access and new features that make for a better smart TV. Netflix Recommended TVs help you to enjoy popular shows and movies with a dedicated button and voice control.
Got questions about how to set up and use your TV? Or how to connect it to other equipment. Our video tutorials will take you through step by step
DISCOVER WHAT MAKES A SONY TV SPECIAL
Sony TV's are made with all these things on mind: Gaming, Clarity, Colour, Contrast, Contrast, Entertaiment, Design, Full HD4K Clarity
- 4K HDR2: the next generation of picture quality
- A High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible TV will change the way you look at TV. Combined with 4K Ultra HD resolution, HDR video content delivers exceptional detail, colour and contrast, with a far wider range of brightness than other video formats. The result is the most lifelike picture TVs have ever been able to create, with brilliant highlights and fine detail.
- 4K Processor X1TM: one chip changes everything
- Our powerful 4K Processor X1 brings stunning picture quality to whatever you're watching. Every source is intelligently analyzed and enhanced to near 4K resolution, from TV broadcasts, Blu-ray DiscsTM, DVDs, or even 4K Internet videos. You'll enjoy incredible 4K images with stunning clarity, more lifelike colours and sparkling contrast.
- This TV is recommended by Netflix
- Get a better streaming experience with a Netflix Recommended TV. A Netflix Recommended TV is chosen for its high performance, cutting-edge smart features and easy app access. You can also watch Marco Polo in 4K HDR today, with a premium Netflix subscription. Members will be able to enjoy more HDR content in the coming months.
- Cable management
- Keep wires out of sight. All of your cables can be neatly arranged across the back of the TV and channelled into the stand, so everything looks tidy
- TRILUMINOS Display
- Unique to Sony, a TRILUMINOSTM Display enriches your viewing experience with a wider palette of colours and more natural shades and hues. A TRILUMINOS Display excels at reproducing reds, greens and blues - colours that are notoriously difficult for TVs to display accurately. It also displays skin tones beautifully, thanks to its extensive colour palette and precise gradation.
- 4K X-RealityTM PRO: enhance every picture up to 4K
- Discover a thrilling world of extraordinary clarity. Every single pixel is enhanced beautifully by our most powerful 4K picture processing technology ever. Individual parts of each scene are analyzed and matched with a special image database that independently addresses texture, contrast, colour and edges. The difference is clear with supremely lifelike detail, whatever you're watching.
- Motionflow XR keeps the action smooth
- Enjoy smooth and sharp details even in fast-moving sequences with MotionflowTM XR. This innovative technology creates and inserts extra frames between the original ones. It compares key visual factors on successive frames, then calculates the split second of missing action in the sequences. Some models also include black-frame insertion for a blur-free and truly cinematic look.
- Chromecast built-in: Plays nice with your other devices
- BRAVIATM is Chromecast built-in-ready, so you can easily cast your favourite entertainment like YouTubeTM from your personal device on to the stunning BRAVIATM screen3. You can cast from Android, iOS or your laptop.
- BRAVIA meets Android TV
- Your smart TV just got smarter. Think of all the stuff you love doing on your smartphone or tablet, now on the big, beautiful BRAVIA screen. All-new Sony Android TV lets you connect and enjoy any content, from apps to movies, between different Android devices - the simplest and easiest way ever.
- Say what you want to see with voice search
- Spend less time browsing, and more time watching. Voice search on Android TVTM provides you with the power of Google search, allowing you to find content across different services without the hassle of time-consuming text entry. You can also get recommendations; asking for "romantic comedies" for example, brings up a list of suitable options.4
- Google PlayTM: A world of content and apps
- Discover movies and TV shows, games and much more from Google PlayTM. Enjoy a huge and ever-growing choice of apps* on your TV in a brand new way.
- Content Bar: find everything fast
- The unobtrusive content bar quickly lets you find the movie, TV show or video you're looking for. Call up the Content bar and you can keep watching, while you scan through live TV, on demand, downloaded TV shows and much more. You can even customize the content bar to show you the content you go to most often first.
- Cinematic S-Force Front Surround
- Enjoy an immersive soundstage that pulls you into the heart of the action. S-Force Front Surround mimics the way the brain correlates sound sources to create proper volume, time lag, and sound wave spectrum - using only left and right speaker channels. By naturally emulating three-dimensional sound fields, you'll enjoy rich, high-fidelity audio across a wider listening area
- DSEE restores detail to your digital music
- Low-resolution Internet video, catch-up TV and other heavily compressed audio files don't always sound so great. A large amount of information gets thrown away when digital audio is compressed. With Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE) technology, lost frequency components (especially high frequencies) are restored for natural sound with a more spacious feel.
- Made to listen: ClearAudio+
- Make your listening as lifelike as your viewing. ClearAudio+ fine-tunes TV sound for an immersive experience that seems to surround you. Hear music, dialogue and surround effects with greater clarity and separation, whatever you're watching.
- IR Blaster-control everything with one remote
- The Infra-red (IR) Blaster lets you control other devices in your home from your Sony TV remote. You can use it to control your Set-top box (cable box) with the TV remote controller.
- Clear Phase for smooth, balanced frequencies
- BRAVIA uses a powerful computer model to analyse and compensate for inaccuracies in speaker response. It does this by 'sampling' the speaker frequency with higher precision. This information is fed back to cancel out any peaks or dips in the speaker's natural response - resulting in pure, natural audio with smooth, even reproduction of all frequencies.
2 - In order to watch HDR videos from Internet video services, the TV would require a firmware update via the Internet.
|MODEL||XBR-85X850D 215 cm (85")|
|What's in the box|| |
|DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT|
|Screen size (inch, measured diagonally)||85 in (84.6 in)|
|Screen size (cm, measured diagonally)||214.8 cm|
|Dimension of tv without stand (w x h x d)||1,917 x 1,109 x 73 mm (75 1/2 x 43 3/4 x 2 7/8 in)|
|Dimension of tv with stand (w x h x d)||1,917 x 1,182 x 402 mm (75 1/2 x 46 5/8 x 15 7/8 in)|
|Dimension of package carton (w x h x d)||2,095 x 1,246 x 403 mm (82 1/2 x 49 1/8 x 15 7/8 in)|
|Stand width||598 mm (23 5/8 in)|
|VESAR HOLE PITCH(W X H)||400 x 300 mm (15 3/4 x 11 7/8 in)|
|Weight of tv without stand||60.2 kg (132.6 lb)|
|Weight of tv with stand||65.6 kg (144.5 lb)|
|Wi-Fi Standard||Wi-Fi Certified 802.11a/b/g/n/ac|
|Ethernet inputs||1 (side)|
|Bluetooth profile support||Version 4.1 HID (mouse/keyboard connectivity)/HOGP (Low Energy device connectivity)/3DSP (3D GLASSES)/SPP (Serial Port Profile)|
|Smartphone connectivity|| |
|RF (terrestrial/cable) connection input(s)||1(side)|
|IF (satellite) input(s)||No|
|Component video (y/pb/pr) input(s)||1 (Rear)|
|Composite video input(s)||2 (1 Rear/1 Rear Hybrid w/Component)|
|RS-232C input(s)||1 (Side/Mini Jack)|
|HDMI inputs total||4 (1 outside, 3 center)|
|HDCP||HDCP 2.2 (for HDMITM1/2/3/4)|
|HDMI audio return channel (arc)||Yes|
|Digital audio output(s)||1 (Side)|
|Audio/headphone output(s)||1 (Side/Hybrid with Headphone and Subwoofer Out)|
|USB ports||3 (side)|
|USB HDD Recording||No|
|USB drive format support||FAT16/FAT32/exFAT/NTFS|
|USB playback codecs||MPEG1: MPEG1/MPEG2PS: MPEG2/MPEG2TS (HDV, AVCHD): MPEG2, AVC/MP4 (XAVC S): AVC, MPEG4, HEVC/AVI: Xvid, MotionJpeg/ASF(WMV): VC1/MOV: AVC, MPEG4, MotionJpeg/MKV: Xvid, AVC, MPEG4, VP8. HEVC/WEBM: VP8/3GPP: MPEG4, AVC/MP3/ASF (WMA)/WAV/MP4AAC/FLAC/JPEG|
|Display resolution (h x v, pixels)||3840x2160|
|Backlight type||Edge LED|
|Backlight dimming type||Frame Dimming|
|HDR (high dynamic range) compatibility||Yes|
|Picture processor||4K Processor X1TM|
|Clarity enhancement||4K X-RealityTM PRO|
|Colour enhancement||Live ColourTM Technology |
Precision Colour Mapping
|Contrast enhancement||Dynamic Contrast Enhancer|
|Motion enhancer (native hz)||MotionflowTM XR 960 (native120 Hz)|
|Video signal support||1080p (60 Hz), 1080i (60 Hz), 720p (60 Hz), 480p, 480i, 4096 x 2160p (24, 60 Hz), 3,840 x 2,160p (24, 30, 60 Hz), 1080p (30, 60 Hz), 1080/24p, 1080i (60 Hz), 720p (30, 60 Hz), 720/24p, 480p, 480i|
|Picture modes||Vivid, Standard, Custom, Cinema Pro, Cinema Home, Sports, Animation, Photo-Vivid, Photo-Standard, Photo-Custom, Game, Graphics, HDR Video|
|SOUND (SPEAKERS AND AMPLIFIER)|
|Audio power output||10W+10W|
|Speaker type||Long Duct Speaker|
|Dolby audio format support||DolbyTM Digital, DolbyTM Digital Plus, DolbyTM Pulse|
|DTS audio format support||DTS Digital Surround|
|Simulated surround sound||S-Force Front Surround|
|Operating system||Standard/ Cinema/ Live Football/ Music|
|On-board storage (gb)||AndroidTM|
|Text input language||ENGLISH / SPANISH / FRENCH BULGARIAN / CATALAN / CROATIAN / CZECH / DANISH / DUTCH / ENGLISH / ESTONIAN / FINNISH / FRENCH / GERMAN / GREEK / HUNGARIAN / ITALIAN / LATVIAN / LITHUANIAN / NORWEGIAN / POLISH / PORTUGUESE / ROMANIAN / RUSSIAN / SLOVAK / SLOVENIAN / SPANISH / SWEDISH / TURKISH / UKRAINIAN / THAI / VIETNAMESE / ARABIC / PERSIAN / JAPANESE|
|Electronic program guide (epg)||Yes|
|Internet browser||YES (Opera/not pre-Installed)|
|Application store||Yes (Google Play Store)|
|Closed captions (analog/digital)||(Analog) Closed Caption|
|POWER AND ENERGY SAVING|
|Energy label rating||(Digital) Closed Caption|
|Power consumption (in operation)||-|
|Annual power consumption*||273 w|
|Power consumption (in standby)||217 kWh/Year|
|Power consumption (networked standby mode) - terminals||0.5W|
|Presence of lead||-|
|Power consumption (on mode) for energy star||-|
|Power consumption (standby mode) for energy star||-|
|Energy starR compliant||-|
|Power requirements (voltage/frequency)||-|
|Power saving mode / back light off mode||60 Hz, AC 120 V|
|Dynamic backlight control||Yes|
|Number of tuners (terrestrial/cable)||Silver Slate|
|Number of tuners (sat)||1 (Digital/Analog)|
|TV system (analog)||-|
|Tuner channel coverage (analog)||M|
|Tuner channel coverage (digital terrestrial)||VHF: 2-13/UHF: 14-69/CATV: 1-135|
|Tuner channel coverage (digital cable)||VHF: 2-13/UHF: 14-69|
|TV system (digital sat)||catv: 1-135|